[aix thinkpad] IBM Thinkpad PowerSeries 820

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Mon May 31 03:58:39 CDT 2004

On 30 May, Juergen E. Fischer wrote:
> Perhaps they are using SCAM to assign the ID and perhaps also for the
> termination - which might be another problem to come.

I doubt they use SCAM (which was always lame IMHO) -- leaving the ID at
0 should cause no problems.  I'd bet the drives auto-terminate because
99% of notebooks will just have the 1 drive.  I always found that
SCSI-2, especially with tiny cable lengths and only 2 devices, wasn't
too picky about termination.  Chances are you can just forget about it
and it will work just fine.

> I can't find the plug anywhere yet.  I looked for a micro centronics 60
> pin connector.  But I'm not sure, if that's correct.

If anyone will have it, it will be digikey.com -- they have everything.
I have no idea what you'd search for, but try browsing their SCSI/IDE
connector pages for a picture that looks similar.

Good luck, and let us know what you find!