[aix thinkpad] Power Laptop EWS

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Oct 8 22:48:02 CDT 2005

On  7 Oct, Tero Kaarlela wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     anyone ever seen this in real life?
> http://www.aichi.to/~thinkpad/catalog/ews/

The specs look a lot like the pre-800 series RS/6000-branded laptops.
They were 601 based and had limited release/production.  I don't think
they were ever released to the general public outside of IBM.  If I
remember correctly, the model was the N40, but I'm going on 8+ year old
memories here.  I probably have the info in an email somewhere from the
90's if someone really wants it.

The N40 will have limited uses and probably only support a very old AIX.

I'm not sure why this Asian-release brochure calls it the "EWS".  That's
the first I've heard of that name.

If anyone has any more info to share, perhaps this would make a good
addition to the web site; once all the facts are straight.