[aix thinkpad] Installing WinNT 3.51 onto 820 without a floppy drive

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sun Jun 19 17:00:25 CDT 2005

On  9 Jun, Tero Kaarlela wrote:
>    Is there a way of installing Winnt 3.51 or 4.0 from CD onto 820
> without a floppy drive? I can get to cd from Open firmware prompt. I
> have heard that file setupldr can  be ran from there somehow but I have
> no idea how.

I believe you need to boot from the "ARCLOADER" floppy, the image of
which is available on the IBM FTP sites linked from my web page.  I've
never tried NT on TP but lots of people used to do it.

What you'd do if you don't have a FD drive is anyone's guess.  It might
not be possible.  Wait to see if anyone else here knows any tricks.

Good luck!