[TECnewhw] DVD burners have finally "arrived"!

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Fri Aug 20 08:27:26 CDT 2004

(Already have a DVD-burner?  See the bottom of this email for the best
media prices in town!)

It's finally happened!  DVD burners are now affordable and reliable enough
to be a welcome addition to any system.  With the introduction of 8X and
12X DVD burners, the industry has finally gotten compatibility and
reliability issues sorted out.

Also, DVD-R media is now much cheaper per MB than CD-R media!

DVD-R's make great data backup solutions to help keep your hard drive
uncluttered as well as allowing you to copy DVD's and/or make your own DVD
videos!  For data they can hold 4.7GB of data, or approximately 7X the
amount of data a CD-R will hold!  And DVD-R drives will also work with
(and burn!) CD-R's and regular CD's meaning you only need 1 drive in your
system!

If you purchase with your drive a program called DVD X-Copy Express, you
can even backup/copy movie DVD's!

The best deal (quality/bang for the buck) is the LG 8X DVD+/-RW drive (8X
write, 4X rewrite, 12X read plus 24x16x32 CD-R capability) for only $104!
Add $5 for Nero Express OEM burning software (required if you don't have
modern/compatible software already).  DVD X-Copy Xpress OEM is only an
extra $45 with drive purchase!

Installation (if desired) is only $15 extra or FREE with the trade-in of
any working 32X or faster CD-burner or $10 with the trade-in of a slower
burner.  On-site installation is $20 extra.

Need blank DVD's?  I have the best media prices in town:

DVD-R 4X media:
$19 spindle of 25 generic
$28 spindle of 50 generic
$42 spindle of 100 generic
$35 spindle of 50 Legacy brand
$38 spindle of 50 Prodisc brand

"Spindle" means you get them in a stack, not in jewel cases.  You can buy
your own jewel cases or use leather carrying cases, etc.

Other brand available!  LG, SmartBuy, Ridata, Maxell, Sony, etc but they
are substantially more money usually.  I have successfully used the
generic ones in my LG 8X burner without problems so far.  If you want to
try out one before buying a whole spindle, I can sell you just 1 generic
out of a spindle for $.80 each.  Spindle DVD-R's come with no warranty and
are not returnable.  It's your job to make sure they work in your burner
before buying!

Email me to order!

* all prices subject to change